Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Bio

I am a born and raised Oregonian, which makes me water proof.  However I do not have webbed feet, I do have a beaver tail though!  I am an Oregon State Graduate, with my undergraduate degree in Liberal Studies.  My focus was on education and Language Arts.  Prior to deciding to enter the realm of education I was a fine arts major.  One of my life's passions has been photography. It began in High school with an elective class in darkroom photography.  That art form fueled my artistic cravings and even lead to me purchasing a house with two kitchens, so that I could use one as a dark room of my own.  The smell of developer and film are still some of my favorite smells.  Photography has also served as an income for myself.  I have been doing portrait photography for the last 10 + years and I most enjoy wedding photography.  If you want to check out some of my work please visit my photography blog...intrigue images

Aside from my passion in photography, the classroom is where I really love to spend my time.  I have been working/teaching in a Pre-K classroom for the last 7 years.  After I finish graduate school my dream job would be teaching 1st grade.  I would also welcome K-3 too though!  I really love this age group, the enthusiasm and excitement that they have for learning and life in general. My favorite subjects to teach are reading, writing, and science.  I love the discovery of science.  I especially love earth science.  I love being outdoors and have a strong desire to keep in touch with my natural surroundings.  

My biggest love of all is my family!  I have two extraordinary daughters.  The oldest is 12 and the youngest is 9.  I am married to the love of my life, he is an engineer with great ideas and designs.  We also have two dogs, a Shepard and a black lab.  It doesn't end there though, we have two chickens too.  A Rhode Island Red and an Americana.  We have them mainly for eggs, every once and a while they hang out with us in the yard.   

2 comments:

  1. WOW. AMAZING, AMAZING intrigue site. Thanks for sharing. I think you'll enjoy experimenting with various technologies to see how they might enhance teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I'm excited to get out there and learn new stuff!

    ReplyDelete